Thursday, July 21, 2011

Making Memories

Mason is almost 2 months old and it feels like time is flying by.  This has made me realize that I need to capture as many of these moments as possible.  Most people do this by taking pictures.  We have an AMAZING photographer who will be taking pictures of Mason at months 3, 6, 9 and 12...but I feel like I need more.  I want him to be able to look back and be able to understand how happy he makes Ryan and I and his grandparents.  I want him to know what its like to be a parent, I want him to know what he looked like, acted like, smelled like..

So I've been emailing him.  His email address is OurBabyMason@gmail.com if you would like to email him too.  Ive been emailing him once or twice a week since I was 8 months pregnant, and I feel like its an amazing way for me to capture the most important parts, since we cant afford a big nice camera.  Sometimes Ill email him at 3 in the morning, asking him why he is wide-awake and staring at me, instead of letting me sleep. I'll email him with pictures that I've taken, or milestones that he has accomplished.  When Mason turns 18 (tenatively, I havent decided when exactly..) I'm going to give him the email address and password, so he can read (or not, he is a boy, after all haha!) all the emails.  Cute, right?

I'll be honest, sometimes its frustrating at 3am when he hasnt slept since 9pm...but even as he is screaming in my face when I'm cuddling him, I'm basking in those moments.  How much longer will I be able to hold him so close?  How much longer will he be in these tiny onezies?  These are the things that make me want to capture EVERY memory right now. I dont want to miss or forget a single thing! He is asleep in his swing right now, and he looks absolutely angelic. It's crazy to sit in the same chair and see how big he is compared to just 6 weeks ago.  I'm in love. hopelessly, unconditionally, and happily in love.


-Mason's Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment