Thursday, January 12, 2012

7 Months

He:
Has his own (technically I suppose its his, mine, and Ryans) "share" site with our journey through mommyhood (and daddyhood, and babyhood!)  check it out http://memoirsofmommyhood.shutterfly.com/

-WALKS!  mostly...sorta...with the assistance of mommy or daddys fingers for balance, MasonMan WALKS!  yes, I find it odd that he has not crawled, or really rolled over for a mode of transportation.  He walks, because hes advanced.

-Is trying so many new foods!  We are still making his baby food and now there isnt a thing he wont eat!  Some of his new favorites are mangoes, pears, vegetable risotto, and chicken noodle soup (which, even after blending, suprisingly doesnt taste awful...)

-Has the cutest personality.  ie:  he will not sit by himself while we eat, he must be on our laps watching/ interrupting each meal,  he is such a morning baby...smiles for everyone each morning! bright and early!



-wears 9-12 month clothes, but only for length.  He is about 20lbs, all muscle. ha!

-Now understands what snuggling is, and wants to snuggle us as much as we love snuggling him :)

-Combines his syllables into a language that we call Mason-ish, obvi.  If you do not act like you understand what he is saying, he gets upset...When he says grraaa!  MMMbbbeeeeeeduhhhh!!!!!  we of course, talk back as if we understand  :)



-clearly  knows that he has us wrapped around his finger, and we dont mind one bit!

I:
-am still breastfeeding, but beginning last week, only part time.  I only feed him right before bed and bright and early in the morning when we wake up.  Just doing this saves us about $80 a month in formula.  WORTH IT.

-have finally gotten into a workout routine (that I created myself made up of cheerleading exercises from the olden days haha) of 100 crunches, 30 squats, some amount of leg lifts, and an absurd amount of yoga. No arm workouts, you say?  To this I refer you back to Masons section of this post wherein I carry around a 20lb baby for 6-8 hours a day.  I do this in the morning before I leave for work, and each night before bed.  Its not a lot, but I love the results :)



-Am beginning classes to get my paralegal certificate this semester.  Ryan is super excited about this, as am I. The thought of being able to better provide for my family is what pushes me forward!

-Like coffee now, super grownup style!  I have always thought it was disgusting and bitter, but the jolt it gives me in the middle of the day to finish my work is incredible!!! wooo coffee!  Is it not totally obvi that this post was written on a coffee fueled spree?!

Random Misplaced Musings:

-I am POSITIVE im not alone here, but I'm sure not many people would say this out loud like this... I am so confused/bored/annoyed at so many people talking about weddings when they arent engaged.  I, of course, am not perfect, and I'll slip up and talk about some sweet finds on pinterest...but even I have not gone to the lengths that some girls have to completely plan their wedding before the boy pops the question....Just seems so odd to me!  The thing is...I know of at least 4 girls currently doing that...it almost feels like they are trying to build up to this giant moment, and it would kill me for them to get let down...ya know!?  Be patient ladies.  The day will come, and if you stop nagging, it could be sooner than you think! :)

-I may have written about this before, but my love of cooking/baking is quickly taking over my weekends.  I even have created a master recipe list in a cute little binder.  Mom, much?  of course I am.  I cant help it.  I love finding new recipes, and even more, I love when they turn out beautifully! yay.  For almost all the recipes that I've tried and succeeded with...check out my pinterest pinboard http://pinterest.com/amandamcqueen/my-kitchen-my-heart/

I need to add more to this update, but I'm already a day or two late, so this will just have to do for now.

Also- remember that Mason has his own email - ourbabymason@gmail.com that I have been emailing since before he was born.  Drop him a line if you'd like, he will read it in approx 18 years when I tell him about it and give him the password :)

xoxo,
Masons Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment