Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Mason 2 years




 He:

- talks!!!  He tells us things he likes, things he doesn't like, and what he wants to do.  It is pretty interesting to hear his "take" on what he has done that day.  For example, Whenever he gets home from Nana and Papa's house, we ask him what he did that day....he replies "CORN!"  Now, to the untrained listener, that is not a response to what you do in a day.  However, what he means is "Papa has a deer feeder and we put corn in it and watch the deer eat the corn in the morning".  He's pretty eloquent with words.

- cuddles.  He has always cuddled, either by force or otherwise, but now, while I am cooking dinner, he will come up, hug my leg and say "love you".  It's one of the most amazing feelings in the world :)  When he isnt feeling well, or when he is sleepy, he asks Ryan and I if he can sit/lay/sleep "Wiffyou".  Too cute.

- eats the same thing every day for a week and then refuses to eat it again for at least a month.  Example:  He loved peanut butter and jelly "shams", and I asked him what he wanted for lunch, to which he replied "Sham, Please!"  I made a sandwich, cut it into quarters, handed it to him....and he walked over and PUT IT IN THE TRASH CAN.  I couldn't make this up if I tried.  I'm fairly certain hes like "how dare you serve me this filth, it belongs in the trash".  MomFail.



 - Is an artist.  One morning, Ryan let me sleep in, which was FANTASTIC.  At 9:45 Ryan asks me to come into Mason's room.  I walk in, stumbling and bleary-eyed (as I'm sure is a normal response to a good nights sleep..? I wouldn't know) to see Mason, Ryan, and an EMPTY 5-lb bag of flour dumped on the carpet.  Mason has flour in his hair/cheeks/arms/legs/toes/clothes.  It appears at that point (by the flour foot-prints) that he tried to walk down the hall to find something to clean the mess up, but the only cleaning apparatus he could find was a pair of pants.  So he attempted to use those.  It didn't work.  When questioned as to why he did it, he said (with a look on his face that I assume is just sheer pride) "Art!!!".  Did I yell?  Nope.  Did I punish him?  Nope.  And here's why:  I left the bag of flour out, unsealed.  I also made "Moon Sand" for Mason to play with/make art with the week prior.  So I don't really have anyone to blame but myself.  He was so proud of his art that I couldn't do anything but smile. 



Mason has grown and changed so much in the past 2 years it just boggles my mind.  He is so sweet, and then so demonic, and then so just downright weird...It's just affirmation that he is our spawn, and was definitely not switched at birth.  Even as he licks our faces and makes up gibberish insults at the dogs, I couldn't imagine loving anyone more :) Ha!

-Mason's Momma


No comments:

Post a Comment