Thursday, June 16, 2011

Masons Birth Story

When our doctor told us that we were going to be induced, it was a mixture of emotions.  At first we were glad that we finally had a date we could meet him, then disappointed that it wouldnt be a surprise, but then the joy of knowing that we would meet our son in less than a week made all the bad feelings go away!

We went to the hospital to get induced on Wednesday, June 8th, at 8pm.  They started the pitocin drip and we were on our way! I got NO sleep.  How could I have possibly slept knowing that my baby boy was on the way!?  Through the night, Ryan and my momma slept, and the nurses came in to check on me and turn up the pitocin drip.  Around 3am they started asking me if I had a "really high pain tolerance", I didnt think I did, but they said usually people with contractions like the ones I was having, had already asked for an epidural.  But I wanted to wait.

At around 8am I got the epidural, and a doctor came in to break my water, it was SO. WEIRD! I wont describe it, but seriously, it felt crazy.  And no, the epidural did not hurt, I was pretty worried about that and it just didnt hurt at all! yay!  The dilation progressed somewhat quickly from there. Ryan was getting anxious, which was making me even more excited. At 3pm, the urge to push was pretty intense, but we had to wait for the doctor. All of our family and most of our friends were already at the hospital by this time.  It makes my heart sing to think about all the love that filled that hospital room before mason even came! at 5:10 (yes, I was watching the clock like a hawk, willing it to move faster so we could get the show on the road) we started pushing with each contraction...the feeling was incredible, and with Ryan holding my hand (then eventually my leg)I felt so strong! 8 contractions later and Baby Mason was born at 5:50!



There arent even words to describe the flood of emotions I felt when he finally came out and they set him on my belly.  He is perfect.  I have that memory engrained in my mind.  I had never seen a more perfect sight;  I could live in that moment forever. His first cry was like an angel, and thats when I started crying.  All I wanted to do was snuggle him and Ryan close and never ever let go! when they finally finished cleaning him up and handed him back to us, this is what we saw:



perfect, right? and he opened his eyes so early.  I've had to pause at least 5 times in the blog so far to wipe away the tears, I seriously couldnt have asked for a more perfect baby.  I must have told Ryan "you did so good" like 10 times... He kept looking at me like I was crazy and telling me "you did all the work, babe"...but just LOOK at that FACE! hes like Ryans mirror image. Love it.
After we left the birthing suite, we took the long trip to our room.  We passed by the waiting room...and MUCH to my surprise, it was full of ONLY our family and friends. so much love. It had to have looked like a parade going down the hall and filing into our room, Im not positive how many people were there, but Im thinking it was around 20 all at once, with our families and friends! ahhh, my heart just explodes. Baby Mason is so lucky to come into such a loving environment.

Life is beautiful, incredible, and GOOD, and we cant wait to see where this journey takes our new little family.

-Mason's Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment