Sunday, June 19, 2011

One Week Old

Mason is now 10 days old.  This post is 3 days late, but my only chance to blog is when he is sleeping...which happens to be the only times I sleep as well :)

Here is a picture from the beginning of his first week- his first day on the outside!



He:

-has gained an entire pound since we left the hospital last saturday

-is eating and sleeping well, despite wanting to be held while he falls asleep - but seriously, when I can look at a face like that, how could lack of sleep really bother me?

-does NOT like having his diaper changed, he screams like a pterodactyl, and ryan and I think its precious

-had his first bath yesterday, he loved it!



-sleeps in a "bed" we made on the ottoman of our couch, since it has a 'dip' in it, so he cant roll.

-refuses to sleep in his bassinet, we hope this is just a newborn phase!

-has a range of emotions, even though we are pretty sure they all have to do with gas at this point



-has SO many different crys, we are learning what each one means...its difficult! So far, most of them mean "Hold me, mom and dad!"

-has an unbreakable and unconditional hold on my heartstrings, and I wouldnt have it any other way


I:

- am healing VERY well, I have virtually no pain

-am breastfeeding, and *thank goodness* havent had any issues with him latching on or feeding. The pediatrician was shocked to find out that Mason gained an entire pound in a week on JUST breastmilk.  Apparently I make enough milk for twins!

-am beside myself with the size of my boobs...okay seriously...they look incredible! haha

-went on a date with Ryan last thursday, we dressed up and ate steak and I didnt smell like milk and it was SO romantic, even if it was just for an hour!

-have lost 20 pounds so far, im only 10ish (maybe less) pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight

-find myself waking up from naps at every little sound he makes.  I thought I was a light sleeper before, but sheesh! Just need to reassure myself that he is okay...and he always is :)

-am only moderately over-worried and over-protective of him, despite what Ryans friends may think when I refuse to let them hold him if they have been drinking...sorry guys!

- could look at his chubby little face forever, its hard to believe that we made such a perfect little person!

this is love.

Mason Zachary Rodgers - One week old.

As soon as we get our new camera, I PROMISE that all the pictures I upload (minus those sporadic iphone moments) will be higher quality, All these pictures are from my and Ryans phones.

next baby update on July 9th! thats his ONE MONTH! ahhh.

-Masons Momma



No comments:

Post a Comment