Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Lets get on the same page here, please

So after our October 19th appointment, we had another appointment on October 25th for our first ultrasound.  Ryan was acting nervous and standoffish since we had the positive test, which I assumed lent to his nerves that this was really happening.  He and I talked about the other options, but felt and agreed that at our age (23) and our economic status that it would be cruel to extinguish or give up a little miracle, just because it was a surprise.
That being said, I keep hearing that he is telling his friends he doesnt want it, which depresses me, makes me cry, makes me nervous, etc. He tells me that he loves me, but to me it means nothing if he hates this little thing growing inside me.
At our first ultrasound appointment I was worried that he wouldnt even want to go in with me, but he did, and we were able to see the baby's heartbeat.  I swear it was the most amazing thing Ive ever seen in my entire life.  It was right there, clear as day, beating away at 141bpm.  It was INCREDIBLE. I cried, ryan had this look of shock.  After that, he started to understand that this wasnt going to be as terrible as he thought.

Basically, it took me about 30 seconds to adapt to this new role as a vessel/all inclusive resort for our love-nugget, and it took Ryan about 30 days - at least we are on the same page now. finally. :)

1 comment:

  1. Love the blog! This should go with out saying, but you are going to continue nursing school, right? You've worked so hard!

    ReplyDelete